Thursday, January 26, 2012

almost through the list

Fourteen points today. Got my exercise in, but JUST went over on my calories. Dangit!!!  I really do much better when I sort of plan out ahead of  time what I'm going to eat for the day. Perhaps I'll work on that next week. So far, I'm still not doing great with my veggie consumption.


Here are another 25 great snack ideas from that pinterest list:


51. Guacamole with veggies
52. Triscuit's Thin Crisps dipped in cottage cheese or hummus
53. Cashews
54. Pretzels
55. Sun Chips (portion control! Read the serving amount on the side!)
56. Cheesy Breaded Tomatoes: Two roasted plum tomatoes sliced and topped with 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs and a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese.
57. Sugar Snap Peas
58. Steamed Veggies (steam non-starchy vegetables in a microwave safe bag and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of Parmesan cheese or 1/4 cup pasta sauce)
59. Apricots
60. Laughing Cow Light Cheese Wedges
61. Any 100 calorie pack
62. Snack/Granola bar (around 150 calories or less, like Kellogg's All-Bran, Kashi TLC Trail Mix, or Fiber one Bar)
63. Baked chips (about 7-10) with salsa
64. Soy Chips
65. Protein Bar
66. Sweet Potato Fries (one light-bulb sized sweet potato sliced, tossed with 1 teaspoon olive oil, and baked at 400° for 10 minutes)
67. Wrap (I like a slice of turkey, Swiss cheese, baby spinach leaves, and cranberry relish wrapped up in a tortilla) >>ooohhh! This sounds good!
68. Pumpkin Seeds (2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds, sprayed with oil (just a spritz!) and baked at for 400° for 15 minutes or until brown. Sprinkle a tiny amount of salt on top)
69. Bean Salad
70. Broccoli Florets
71. Peaches and Cottage Cheese
72. Chopped Red Peppers (dipped in fat free ranch) >>>who needs ranch with red peppers? they're so delish on their own I think!
73. V8 Vegetable Juice
74. Tuna with Triscuit crackers >>>I love tuna on saltines as well
75. Cooked and Cubed Chicken Breast

Keep up the momentum guys!
:)


Post Edit: Yay!! I just realized I entered my calorie count wrong on the crescent rolls I had for supper. Doubled my points by mistake. So, I was actually ok on my caloric consumption. Woot. Make that 24 points for the day!

4 comments:

Gwennaëlle said...

Green wraps could be even better. Use lettuce instead of a tortilla to make your wrap :)

Mikki said...

good suggestion!!

Anonymous said...

You know spinach is a great way to get in some (awesome) vegetables? I know you like smoothies. You can add a cup of spinach to a smoothie and not even be able to taste it. Im actually drinking one now. Also, adding in veggies to your smoothies might help. And I was going to suggest something like V8 but I see thats on this list.

I love the steamed veggies with pasta sauce idea. A lot of times Ill dice up lots of veggies and sautee them, but Im sure the extra butter isnt all that good.

Cresecent rolls are my enemies! I can eat those things like candy.. Ok maybe I should say ANY bread is my enemy.

Mikki said...

lol, I'm the same way with bread Khourt. Love it! I seriously could eat a whole can of those pilsbury ones myself. I'm totally going to start throwing a handful of spinach into my morning smoothies. I think that's a great idea.