Wednesday, January 25, 2012

The next 25

I didn't do too bad yesterday. I did not get my exercise in but I did get all my veggies in AND MY WATER!  I ate two spinach salads during the day. Not sure if I'll do that again. I don't mind spinach salad, but I should probably try a little more variety. I always put cinnamon almonds and dried cranberries in my salad and top it with balsamic and raspberry vinaigrette. By the end of last night, I was burping up cinnamon almonds. As much as I like them I don't really want to still be tasting them two hours later. lol
23 points for the day--points for everything except the exercise.

Well here's the next twenty five snack items from that list I found on Pinterest. (I'm adding some comments in red today).

26. Air-Popped Popcorn >>I need to buy those single serving bags. That would be perfect!
27. Pistachios
28. Clementines (we call them Cuties or Clemmies)
29. Fruit Smoothie (or Kristen's Green Smoothie- it's actually delicious!)
30. Handful of olives
31. Pickles
32. Handful of blueberries with 2 tablespoons fat-free Cool-Whip
33. Ants on a Log (celery with peanut butter and raisins) >>this is one of my all time favorites!
34. 1 cup mixed berry salad (raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, and/or blackberries) tossed with one tablespoon fresh-squeezed orange juice.
35. Peanut Butter and Bananas on whole wheat bread
36. Trail Mix (make your own! Throw in dried fruit, sunflower seeds, nuts, low-sugar cereals, and even the occasional piece of candy for something sweet.)
37. Orange Slices
38. Cherry Tomatoes
39. Graham Crackers
40. Small Green Salad with light dressing
41. Mango smoothie (frozen mango, mango Greek Yogurt, and a small amount of orange juice)
42. Kabobs (thread low-fat meat, low-fat cheese, pineapple and cherry tomatoes onto a stick- my kids love anything on a stick!) >>>such a great idea, esp. for my kids!!! I'm thinking sliced ham for the low fat meat.
43. Half of a Cinnamon-Raisin topped with peanut butter and banana slices
44. Grilled Pineapple (throw them on the grill or a skillet on med. heat for two minutes or until golden)
45. Baked Apples (one tennis ball-sized apple, cored, filled with 1 teaspoon brown sugar and cinnamon, and baked until tender)
46. Animal Crackers
47. Strawberries dipped in fat-free Cool Whip
48. Low-fat tortilla topped with egg salad, shredded carrots and cucumber slices >>wish I liked eggs!
49. Parfait (build your own with Greek yogurt or plain yogurt, fruit, and granola) >>I love doing this for breakfast.
50. Bowl of bran flakes with 1/2 cup skim milk and berries


Well, wish me luck today. We got a little extra money in the mail today so I'm thinking I want to go out for dinner. That means my calorie goals will probably be shot. I'll try to eat light the rest of the day. I still need to get in my workout too.

2 comments:

Gwennaëlle said...

I wish I had the money to waste to pop up in Las Vegas, grab one of your boys and start running. I know you would eventually run.

Oh wait you have two boys. You probably don't care as long as one remains right? :P

I am evil and I love myself.

Mikki said...

Hmmmm, I guess it would depend on how the little monkey's were acting that day. lol

Yeah, I suppose that might make me run!

You are evil!