Thursday, January 12, 2012

The French one

I am Gwennaëlle and I won't put pictures of myself on here because I am also a photographer who is getting better everyday at photoshoping what I think should NOT be there :D

At the end of 2010 I set for the first time in my life a new years resolution and to my astonishment I reached my goal. at the end of last year it made me ponder on what I was capable of doing and since I also eventually understood how I could resolve one of my concern about running I decided that running was going to be my 2012 resolution.

Incidentally I came across this great idea of Mikki and I thought it would be such a great thing to do it with other people even if it is only for a month.
My goal is not about losing weight, only to be able to run but I guess improving my eating habit could be a good idea too.

So here I am:
163 pounds
5'1"

This morning I ran for the first time in my life and I was able to do 12 or 13minutes.
Last year I could NOT run 50 yards due to my bad breathing habit. So running that long without stopping is already an accomplishment for me. My goal is to be able to do 30 minutes a day added to the fact that I also practice Aïkido twice a week for a class that lasts 90 minutes.

On thursday we have to put the tatami back in a closet....I am wondering if this could count as exercising too :P ?

Can't wait to hear from you and your goals :)

6 comments:

Mikki said...

Yay! Thanks Gwennaelle for posting a little about yourself. I'm so glad you'll be joining us for this challenge. I'm so impressed that you're running. That's one of those things I feel like I will NEVER do. I hate running.

I actually hope to continue with the challenge throughout the year, so if you feel inclined to continue along with me, we'll keep it going month by month.

Jane said...

I Gwennaelle! Nice to meet you! Kudos for running! Have you thought of running races? There is a pretty cool 5k coming up at the end of February that is called the Color Run. It might be an extra push of motivation.

Anonymous said...

Mikki, that'd be GREAT!
I just hate not to be capable to do something and running has been one of mine for the past 25 years. I remember running and loving it when I was a child and then when I was 10 I did something wrong again: I listened to me mother. I then starting having a bad breathing habit that I have not been able to overcome until the end of last year. I may not run in 2013, I don't know maybe I will, I can't tell at this point of my life but I can tell that I hate to feel not capable of doing something more than I hate exercising. As I told you I am NOT one of those health freaks rather I am a control freak :P I can take not to be good at something I just can't stand not to be able to do something specially if I know that it is in the limit of my reach to change it.

Jane, thank you for the idea. I thought about trying to shot for a run if I reach this goal for 2012 and if I end up liking to run as there is a very fun run here where I live. It takes place during the night and it is between Saint-Etienne (where I live) and Lyon (the third biggest city in France by size but the second more important). It is like 60 and the point for me would not to run it all because so far I can run only 1 km but I think it is a fun idea. Everybody has a front light and I bet there must be some healthy breakfast in the morning for those who have made it.
I need to look into this one to know exactly how it goes and how it works for people like me who really CAN'T run for 60km!!! It is more than a marathon (42km)

Mikki said...

I understand what you mean Gwennaelle, I can't stand the thought of not being able to do something. When I think of getting older and dealing with all the things I might lose the ability to do because of the aging process, it makes me really want to get on the ball and make myself as healthy as possible so I don't lose those abilities. My dad is kind of like that, he has a really bad back and some nerve problems. Some people would just throw in the towel and use a wheelchair or walker already, but my dad is too stubborn and pretty much refuses to give in to it.
Oh my gosh, a 60km run is crazy!! That's like a marathon and a half!

Anonymous said...

Im glad you are here Gwennaëlle. By the way, I have no idea how to pronounce your name.
Im not a photographer, but I wish I was! I always pick apart my pictures but Im trying to learn to love them and accept them as they are.

Anonymous said...

I should have read the comments before I posted. I want to do "ultra" marathons.. which are basically races OVER the length of a marathon. There are 100 mile races and thats my ultimate goal.. Of course I have no intention of winning it, but if I completed it, then I would be extremely happy.