Friday, January 27, 2012

I really do


I almost went to bed without blogging here today.
Since my thingy to measure up my heartbeats does not work I tried to figure out how long it takes me to go back to my normal heart beat rate and I can say that I go back within 5 minutes after running. I never thought my body was actually good for something in sport. I don't know exactly what is my heart beat rate when I run or when I walk but I can tell when my heart is beating fast and when it is not.
For the first time in my life I had my youngest sister giving me a bad look, one that says "I am jealous". I never had such a look :)

Ho and the other good news is that I figured out why I was experiencing some kind of discomfort with one of my knee and I am changing my habit.
Er....habit? I am not sure I can talk about habits concerning my way to run as I have not been running for the past 25 years. Oh wait, as I am thinking of it I realize that this could also explain why running has always been so hard for me.

Anyway after running I hurried home for a shower and then rushed to a photo session and it went beautifully. I am proud of my work.
The sad part is that it was a photo session with my supposedly best friend's ex boy friend and ONCE again I faced how much he is great, he is doing beautifully with his new girl friend which contrast with how much of a witch my supposedly best friend is and how much I am wondering if she deserves my friendship.
I should stop here but at one point, when we took a quick look at the pic I had taken, I just wanted to cry because I knew that if I should post those on my blog she will be horrible to me and consider it a betrayal. I don't really care actually, what I care more is the time and energy I have spent on her because I thought she was a great person. She is a great person but she has decided to be on the wrong side of humanity and this really makes me sad.

I was supposed to only write how much point I had today and I got a little carried over :P

I got 22 points today and now I will go to bed :)

PS: not in bed yeeeeeeeeet! I forgot to show you this:
I am the one far left in the back row. The only one with a green shirt under the keikogi. In Aïkido you only wear a white belt until you can wear the black one but since you wear the hakama BEFORE getting the black belt nobody knows on the tatami who is what really. This is one thing I like about Aïkido: you can't show off. You can only show what you know and practice and help the other improve since you may be wearing the hakama but since it solely depends on your teacher and there is no rule about it, there is really no way you can tell someone has been practicing for longer than you or that you should know this better than your opponent. You can only tell that someone is better than you for this and you're better for that and this is all.



2 comments:

Mikki said...

You have a photography blog/website too don't you Gwennaelle? I need to check on your blog. You're really good! Can you post the sessions pics on that site? I'd say if your friend gets upset, tell her it's business and she shouldn't concern herself about it. Easier said than done I know.

I can barely see you in that picture!! but you look pretty good from what I can see. I'll bet your sister is super jealous!! lol

Anonymous said...

For my first 1/2 year running I didnt measure heart rate.. Now I have a monitor that records it and its great to see exactly what it is, but I can tell if its beating too fast because of how I feel.

So sorry to hear about your friend, but it sounds like the guy has done well for himself.

Thats interesting about the Akido. I didnt know the belt stuff.

And I agree with Mikki, I think you look great