Saturday, January 28, 2012

Khourt 1-25 - 1-28

Good afternoon ladies! Hope you are all doing well. Weve had more doctor and therapy visits keeping us busy, but once again things have slowed down. -

So... Ive been on a running/workout streak that started the day after Christmas. In order to follow my rules I have to do at least 1 mile running, or 30 minutes of walking, or a 30 minute workout every day. I have stuck to my rules, and mostly gone over the 1 mile limit, but there have been some days that Ive just barely got in the 1 mile limit. So far for 2012 I have run 72 miles. Thats my highest month EVER and Im proud of that, but Im more proud of how my body is reacting. Now, during my streak I hope to run LOTS more miles, but also to get faster and to lose some weight.. The weight thing isnt really happening, but I can tell Im gaining more muscle, so maybe it will even out. I will weigh myself tomorrow. Also, Im no tired like I thought I would be from working out every single day. I guess those "resting" days where I just take it easy and walk for 30 minutes or run a short mile are helping. I just wonder how long I can keep it up.

Yesterday I did my "long" run. And well, after my long runs Im starving, so I ate.. and I ate and ate and ate.. And none of it was good. I ate a mini pack of donuts. There was 430 calories in it. Yikes! Then I had a brownie (probably another 400 calories) Then a banana with some PB. way too many calories! - So I think I need to start eating healthier snacks post-run. It might help with the weight issue ;)

And because Ive been lazy and not posting here are my recent points:

1-26 Points:Water: 2
3 Meals: 1
Exercise: 5
Vitamin: 1
Fruits/Veg: 1
Calories: 10
TOTAL: 20

1-27 Points:Water: 2
Vitamin: 1
Exercise: 9
3 Meals: 1
Fruits/Vegs: 1
TOTAL: 14

1-28 Points: (Ill update it later)
Vitamin: 1
Blog: 3
Fruits/Vegs: 1
Water: 2
3 Meals: 1
Calorie Range: 10
Exercise: 10
Food Journal: 3
TOTAL:  31

Food Journal for 1-28: I had a massive strawberry/banana and spinach smoothie with a bit of cranberry juice for breakfast.. For lunch I had a salad stuffed sandwich. And dinner was part of a cheese burger. Not quite the healthiest dinner, but I ran over 12 miles the past 2 days so I think I earned it. I tried to make sure to eat healthier snack foods on the 28th since the 27th was a total calorie bomb. I think I did much better.

4 comments:

Mikki said...

Gaining muscle, you might actually weigh more tomorrow. How are your clothes fitting? They say that's the best guage--inches lost.
I can't wait til I start losing some inches!!

Sounds like you're doing awesome on your streak. How long is your "long" run?

Gwennaƫlle said...

I am with Mikki concerning the weight thing. My pants don't fit anymore and I can't find a belt :P I mean I can pull down my jeans without unzipping them. I can pull them back the same way.

Maybe you could buy some pretty outfit you'd love to wear but buy it one size too small and when you can wear it you know you have actually lost weight :) Or I mean fat.

I have a question for you. How long does it take you to go back to a normal heart beat?

Anonymous said...

I might not be the best one to ask regarding heart rate. My heart rate is EXTREMELY high when running (180-200). And my normal heart rate isnt much lower than that. I would say it takes anywhere from 5-30 minutes to get back to a low normal number for me. I like to push myself though, especially at the end of my runs. Apparently the better you get at running (fitness) the lower your heart rate will be so Im hoping to lower mine.

Im pretty sure I have gained muscle and thought about that the last time I weighed and it was higher. Im certainly not happy with seeing a higher number on the scale, but as long as the fat is disappearing then Ill be ok with the number because I know it will come back down. This past Summer I gained quite a bit of weight. I had to go up a few sizes in clothes and I was so disappointed. In October I was wearing a size 6 and now im in 8s. Im still trying to get back into some of those clothes, but they are tight. My goal right now with the losing weight is to fit back in those clothes. I have a number in my head as my first goal (135 which is where I was) but as long as I can fit my old clothes Ill be happy.

Anonymous said...

Oh I forgot the long run question... Back when I was running a bit more my long runs were anything over 6 miles, but I pretty much took half of the year off last year and now Im having to work my way back up and my long runs are only 5-6 miles. Ive only ever done 1 double digit run, but this year I want to make double digit runs a habit. But I run so slow it takes me a long time to complete the distance.

Yesterday I did 6.74 miles outside in about 93 minutes and today on the treadmill I did 6 miles in 143 minutes.. Im much slower on the treadmill :)