Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Low, very low day today

I did really bad on the calories range today.
I did eat three meals (and even more I guess) I did not do any sport.

I think I get 6 points for the day. I forgot to calculate my points for last week :( I'll do it tomorrow.

Soooooooooo today was kind of hard in a way I guess but since I am back on running tomorrow things will go better.

My friend came to "talk". It went the way I wanted. It was hard but basically I told her nicely to grow up. Of course I know right now she is trying to find flaws in whatever she decides to remember about our discussion. The problem is that I made it clear to her that I don't care either way. She can keep me as a friend or not she just have no control over my feelings and her words are just words, nothing more.
Of course I was much more subtle than this and she left crying. I know it is partly sincere because I made it clear to her that when I needed help I knew I could not turn to her. But I know she is also crying for something that she just does not want to see/understand/acknowledge which is that she needs to feel some kind of power over people and once again I made her feel and therefore know that she has only the power I'll let her have which now amounts to nothing.
As we say in French: I am taking my marbles back.

Of course she will deny she is doing this to people. The problem is that she is then the least understood person on the Earth because everybody who has been close to her agrees with me.
Oh well.....I am now living for myself and she wants any of the friendship I have redefined then great. And if she does not any of it then great. Yet if we are to be close again it will be on a different basis.

Also my thingy to measure up my heart rate is not working so I am sending it back :(

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe this is the wake up call your friend needed. Sometimes these kinds of people know their flaws, but have such a hard time changing them. I wish I knew of how you could help her.

Dont worry too much about your points today. Mine wasnt much better. Tomorrow is a new day!

Mikki said...

Well, I'm having a craptastic week, so I think you're still way ahead in the points. :)

Glad the conversation went the way you had hoped it would. From what you've mentioned about her, it sounds like you'd be best off if she just decided she didn't want anything more to do with you. It's always sad to lose a friend though, even a bad one. Hopefully you get some peace though.