Thursday, January 19, 2012

It was a junk food kind of day

24 points for me today. That's my new high for the week. Gwennaelle is kicking butt y'all!
I'm only on my 4th glass of water for the day, so I don't think I'm going to make it on that one, and I TOTALLY slacked on my veggies.

Let me break it down for ya':

Salisbury steak and corn for breakfast--yay! a vegetable.
1/2 an order of Wetzels pretzel bites for lunch (and a Pepsi)
Lasagne for dinner with garlic bread
chocolate cupcake and icecream for dessert (we were celebrating my daughter's birthday, which is tomorrow)


I'm not quite sure how I managed to squeak in under my calorie range, 'cause I didn't make very good food choices today. Guess I just didn't OVERindulge.  Woot!! I exercised this morning. I felt so good about myself afterwards. :) 

Hope Friday rocks for everybody. :)


POST EDIT:
Gwennaelle, look what I saw in the store today.
Look familiar?
 I saw this HUGE greenish grapefruit, and I thought to myself..."I wonder....".


Sure enough:
The Pommelo, the largest of all citrus fruits......also widely known as Chinese Grapefruit.

Think I'll have to try one!

3 comments:

Gwennaƫlle said...

Yes yes yes yes yes please try one. and it is a "healthy food" hater who is speaking.
Remember not to eat it the same way you would with an orange only the flesh is good. I tasted a little the thinner peal once and it tasted awful.
What also is great about this fruit is that you can put it in your kids lunch box as you can put a piece of it and the thinner layer will keep it fresh. Then when they want to eat it the'll just have to peal it.
I don't know if your boys are into monster and stuff but I love how it makes me think of eating some kind of actually flesh. I mean it is not red at all but once I've pealed the thinner layer like to play with it.
It makes me think that one is sitting in my fridge right now. I need to not forget about it.

Oh and last but not least: really do not trust the image they've put there. This is not how it looks inside and how you should cut it to eat it. I really need to take some pics at one point.

Anonymous said...

Im not sure what Wetzels pretezel bites are but it makes me crave a soft pretzel. Yum!
Congrats on the exercise!!

Im really curious about these chinese grape fruits now.

Mikki said...

They're pommelo's. (the chinese grapefruit that is).

Wetzel bites are soft pretzels in a wonderful little bite-size moresel. You get a whole bag full of them. They're deeeelish!