Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Merrianne-- yep, that's me :)

Well. hello Ladies! :) I want to introduce myself for the ladies who don't know me. I LOVE cooking and I LOVE eating and put both of those together and that explains why I look like a Female M&M.
My weight goes to my middle section.. not to my legs or arms.. but the MIDDLE!!! So I look like either a Female M&M or a Potato on stick legs. either way-- it is not attractive... and most importantly it is NOT HEALTHY!

Having extra weight in the mid-section is the WORST place you can have it! Lovely, right!?!

SO, I am sick and tired of sitting and not being able to breathe.. I have to slump in my chair like Al Bundy just to get a deep breath. I am tired of my jeans-- or anything that doesn't have an elastic waistband-- being my enemy. I am tired of it all.

So, here we go! Those pounds GOTTA GO!

Here is a recipe that I make quite often and it is cheap and easy and delicious... AND HEALTHY~!!

1 bag of frozen boneless skinless chicken tenderloins {those bags from Walmart}
1 large bottle of Walmart brand All natural HOT salsa {it isn't that hot}
Cooked Rice- enough for your family {I used instant brown rice.. but you can use whatever you have}

Put half of the bag into your crockpot. Pour the salsa in. Turn it on HIGH and cook for 6-8 hours.
About 30 minutes before you are ready to chow down, cook the rice and serve the Salsa Chicken over the rice. There will be lots of juice and yummyness going on. I'm tellin' ya. It is really good!

The taste is all going to depend on what kind of salsa you use. Just use what you like.. I like making my own.. which i have a SUUUUPER DELICIOUS recipe for.. but sometimes I just need Quick and Easy so I buy it. :)

My goals are these:
1. To be able to sit in an upright position and breathe
2. To be able to put on Non-Elastic waist pants and like it
3. Lose around 15 pounds- - that should do it. :)

3 comments:

Mikki said...

Yay Merrianne!!!! Thanks for posting that recipe. It sounds really good!!
I'm definitely going to make it for dinner one day real soon.

Gwennaƫlle said...

You inspired me some recipe, I'll try it but I can't promise I'll share it with you because I don't know how much different the ingredient would be in the US.

Anonymous said...

Nice to "meet" you!

I love chicken cooked like that. Sometimes I add a taco seasoning packet to mine and serve it over corn chips. So yummy!

Ive been making freezer meals lately and didnt even think of this one. Ill have to add a few of these to my ever-growing freezer stash.