Thursday, January 12, 2012

Introducing Angela

Hi all!

My name is Angela and I am a mom of 2 smart, beautiful, and very rambunctious girls who know how to push all my buttons...and they love pushing buttons... :) Can you tell that today (the day I took the pic) was a day of button pushing? I was feeling...am feeling...slightly frazzled. I can look cuter than that, I promise!
Here is my "story":

My unhealthy habits and issues began when I got pregnant over 3 years ago with my first baby. It was a rough pregnancy and I gained too much weight. A week and a half after she was born, we moved out of state away from all family and friends. It was a hard year there and I was lonely and didn't lose much weight. When we finally moved back to where there was more support, I started to do better: I started running, took a yoga class, and lost 13 lbs. Then I got pregnant...again. Surprise! I didn't gain as much weight with the 2nd baby, but I gained up the same point I had been before I lost weight. Both post partum weights were the same. Sigh! So now I am starting all over again to lose the weight. We have once again moved out of state where we didn't know anyone and I think that has made things a little harder, plus my husband got a new job, and we just bought a house, etc, etc, etc. The good news is I have made a few friends here so I am not so lonely. I have lost a little weight so far, but I have been over-stressed and struggling with depression and have yo-yoyed with gaining it back. I am hoping this time will be the last time.

I am actually in 3 different "health" or "weight loss" competitions all going at the same time. One lasting 4 weeks, one 7 weeks and one 12 weeks, so hopefully the triple motivation, plus my own personal drive will help. I am 5'3" and when I weighed myself this morning I was 143.3 but when I weighed last night I was 148. Sigh.

3 comments:

Mikki said...

Yay Angela!! thanks for joining in. I'm so glad you did.

I am lucky enough to actually live in the same ward as Angela and I get to see her two adorable daughters, and I can also attest to the fact that Angela is WAY cute too!!

Gwennaƫlle said...

hey Angela :)

So now it is three of us who have written an introduction. I should have mention that things may be easier for me than for you two since I don't have kids. I only have to take care of myself and my business.

That's really too bad I am so far away from the rest of you. I have some stuff to exercise at home I could lend since I am absolutely not using it.

Oh well... :)

Anonymous said...

Angela good to meet you! Your pregnancy stories sound similar to mine.

I weighed myself today with shoes on and didnt like the number so I took my shoes off and weighed again, hoping to see a smaller number but instead I weighed the exact some. So frustrating! I know my shoes had to count for something lol.